Homemade Ice Cream Cake With Chocolate, Vanilla & Strawberry Wafers
Whoever loves wafer cookies, cake, and ice cream is in for a real treat, because the combination of all three is absolutely unbeatable! And best of all, this light dessert is fast and easy to make, and you'll even learn how to make super simple vanilla ice cream from scratch!
For the homemade vanilla ice cream:
- 415 fl oz sweetened condensed milk
- 14 oz heavy whipping cream
- 3 tbsp vanilla extract
For the cake:
- chocolate wafer cookies
- vanilla wafer cookies
- strawberry wafer cookies
- 28 oz homemade vanilla ice cream
- 10 oz whipped cream
- colorful sprinkles
1. For the homemade vanilla ice cream, first beat the heavy whipping cream until a smooth whipped cream forms. Mix the sweetened condensed milk and vanilla extract and slowly fold in the the whipped cream. Freeze the ice cream for at least 6 hours, stirring every hour.
2. Spread about 10 oz of the vanilla ice cream in the bottom of a springform pan and start stacking the wafer cookies as shown in the video.
3. Spread the rest of the vanilla ice cream over the wafer cookies and smooth it out. Freeze the cake overnight.
4. Remove the cake from the springform pan, completely cover it with whipped cream, and smooth it out. Put some more whipped cream in a piping bag and decorate the top and bottom edge of the cake. Finally, add some colorful sprinkles to the top of the cake.
What an adorable cake, and perfect for any birthday boy or girl, no matter how young or old. You're going to want to eat this cake up before it starts to melt, but considering how yummy it is, that should be no problem!
You can find the recipe for the Unicorn Cheesecake featured in the bonus video here.