Triple Cheese Meatloaf With Lasagna Noodles And Egg
There are so many fantastic meatloaf recipes out there – trust us, we've tried our fair share! Adding new spices and toppings, stuffing it with delicious ingredients, or serving it in new & inventive ways are all great techniques for transforming your standard meatloaf into something special. We decided to try all 3 techniques at once, and came up with this recipe for a triple cheese meatloaf! This loaded meatloaf might start out pretty standard, but then it gets stuffed with cheese, topped off with perfectly baked eggs, and portioned out with lasagna sheets. It brings all of your comfort food favorites into one easy-to-make dish! No matter which way you slice it, this meatloaf recipe tops them all!
Yield: 9 servings
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cooking Time: 1 hour
Difficulty Level: Easy
For the meatloaf:
- 3 lbs ground beef
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 cups sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp salt
- ½ loaf of day-old bread for the bread crumbs (or ⅔ cup bread crumbs)
- 2 eggs
For the filling:
- 12 lasagna sheets
- 6 slices of cheese (e.g. goat cheese)
- ⅓ cup cream cheese
- 1½ cups shredded mozzarella
- 1 tbsp chopped chives
- 9 eggs
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F and grease a 9 x 9-inch square springform pan. Crush the day-old bread or put it into a food processor to make bread crumbs, then stir together all of the ingredients for the meatloaf. Once everything is combined, transfer the ground beef mixture to the springform pan.
2. Place 1 slice of cheese (we used goat cheese, but feel free to use whatever kind you'd like) between 2 uncooked lasagna sheets and insert them into the ground beef mixture in a grid-like pattern, dividing the pan into 9 even sections. If the lasagna sheets are taller than the springform pan, trim them so that they cook correctly in the oven.
3. Press the bottom of a clean shot glass into each section of ground beef to create small wells in the meat.
4. Stir together the cream cheese, shredded mozzarella, and chopped chives and spoon the mixture into the wells in the ground beef.
5. Carefully crack 1 egg into each square.
6. Transfer the springform pan to the oven and bake at 325°F for 1 hour.
The lasagna sheets, triple cheese, and baked eggs make this meatloaf something truly special. Not only is the loaf already divided into single servings, all of your favorite savory staples are included in each slice! Now it's time to dig in!
Get the recipe for the Potato & Cheese Meatloaf featured in the bonus video.