This Great Meatloaf Comes With Side Dishes Built In!
A glass of milk, a small bread roll, some ground beef, and mashed potatoes — in Germany, that would be considered a nice little lunch. But in the following recipe, we're not serving the ingredients individually, but combining them into one large meatloaf.
- 21 oz ground beef
- 2 carrots
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 chopped garlic clove
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 small bread roll
- 5 fl oz milk to soften the bread
- 7 oz cream cheese
- 21 oz potatoes
- 7 oz mozzarella
- 15 slices bacon
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 fl oz milk
1. Tear the bread into small pieces and let it soften in the milk. Meanwhile, mix the ground beef with the diced carrots, both eggs, the parsley, the garlic, the salt and the pepper. Then add the bread too.
2. Spread the meat mix over the bottom and sides of an ovenproof dish and cook it for 10 minutes in a convection oven at 360°F.
3. Fry the bacon, then create alternate layers of cream cheese and bacon (use 10 of the bacon strips) in the center of the meatloaf.
4. Mash the cooked potatoes and mix them with the egg yolks, 1⅔ fl oz milk, the remaining five strips of bacon cut up small and the mozzarella. Apply this mixture to the top of the meatloaf and bake the whole thing for between 10 and 12 minutes in a convection oven at 360°F.
This meal really is "all inclusive." But at least you can serve you drink separately. If you also want to make the Meatball Lasagna in the second half of the video, you can find all the details for that here.