Swineapple: BBQ Bacon Pineapple Stuffed With Marinated Chicken Strips
We're huge BBQ people and are on a constant quest to try and find new and exciting things to throw on the grill. Naturally, we've amassed a huge backlog of barbecue recipes to choose from. Those lucky enough to have a balcony or even a backyard can find plenty of inspiration to put their grill to use every day of the week. If you consider yourself a grill master, you really have to check out this recipe. It's a pineapple stuffed with tender chicken breast, wrapped in bacon, smothered in BBQ sauce, and grilled to perfection. A super juicy way to spice up your BBQ routine!
For the pineapple:
- 1 pineapple
- 2 tbsp paprika
For the chicken:
- 1 chicken breast (cut into 2 oz strips)
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
For the bacon:
- 7 oz bacon
- 4 tbsp BBQ sauce
- wooden skewers
1. Cut off the top and bottom of the pineapple, peel it, and then hollow it out. Put the top and bottom part aside for now because you'll need them again later.
2. Cut the chicken breast into three equal strips and marinate them in a mixture of vegetable oil, paprika, salt, and cayenne pepper.
3. Fill the pineapple with the marinated chicken breast strips.
4. Season the pineapple with paprika.
5. Wrap the bacon strips around the pineapple and use toothpicks to hold the bacon in place.
6. Brush the entire pineapple with BBQ sauce. Put the "lid" and "bottom" of the pineapple back on and fix them in place with wooden skewers. Put the pineapple on the grill and grill on indirect heat for 50 minutes.
Not only is this grilled pineapple delicious as can be, it's also super easy to make. And fast, too. Like, so fast you better have all your sides prepped before you start on this BBQ swineapple!
Get the recipe for the Pineapple Chicken featured in the bonus video.