Sweet Homemade Leopard Bread
Leopard print is so trendy that you'll find it everywhere: from scarves to shoes to bags and now it's coming to your plate! Sweet bread is great and all, but if you really want to go wild, try giving it a spotted animal design.
- 1 cup of milk
- ½ stick (¼ cup) butter
- 3 tbsp corn starch
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 cups + 2 tbsp flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp fresh yeast
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp milk
1. Add the milk, butter, corn starch, and vanilla extract, and salt to a pot, mix well, and let simmer over medium heat. Remove the pot from the stove and let cool for about 30 minutes.
2. Mix the flour, milk mixture, sugar, and yeast into a smooth dough.
3. Cut the dough in half and set one half aside.
4. Divide the second half once more. Add 1 tsp of cocoa powder and 1 tbsp of milk to one dough quarter and 1 tbsp of cocoa powder and 1 tbsp of milk to the other dough quarter. Cover the dough balls and leave at room temperature for 90 minutes.
5. Roll each of the 3 dough balls into 7 smaller, equally-sized balls for 21 balls in total. Roll the 7 light brown balls into equally-sized logs. Do the same with the dark brown dough and then roll the dark brown dough flat with a rolling pin.
6. Wrap the light brown logs in the dark dough. Don't worry – it doesn't have to be perfect!
7. Wrap the brown rolls in the white dough and seal the ends.
8. Place all of the logs in a greased loaf pan.
9. Cover the pan and let the dough rise until it has doubled in size. Brush the bread with milk and bake for 35-40 minutes in a preheated oven set to 350°F. Let the bread cool in the pan before removing it.
This wild bread really is something else... in fact, it's purr-fect for any special occasion! You can find the 3 Fun Bread Recipes featured in the bonus video here.