Chicken Parmesan Stuffed With Mozzarella
Some people will have you think that the 3 most important words in the English language are: "I love you." Wrong. They're actually: "Stuffed with cheese." This chicken parmesan dish is the recipe you've been waiting for your entire life, and it's entirely possible you'll find yourself uttering those other 3 little words to your plate once this cheesy delight comes out of the oven!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- salt to taste
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- flour + whisked eggs + bread crumbs for the breading
- 15 oz tomato sauce
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- fresh chopped basil to garnish
1. Sprinkle salt over your work surface. Place a chicken breast on the salted work area, season the top with salt, and butterfly the chicken breast. Sprinkle ⅓ of the shredded mozzarella cheese over 1 side of the chicken breast, fold the other side of the chicken breast back over the cheese, and firmly squeeze the edges together. Repeat with the remaining chicken breasts and shredded mozzarella cheese.
2. Heat some cooking oil in a deep pan. Coat the stuffed chicken breasts in flour, egg, and bread crumbs and fry the breaded chicken breasts on both sides until golden brown.
3. Spread ¾ of the tomato sauce over the bottom of a casserole dish and place the fried chicken breasts on top. Spread the rest of the tomato sauce over the meat.
4. Sprinkle parmesan cheese and fresh chopped basil over the chicken breasts, transfer the casserole dish to a preheated oven, and cook at 350°F for 20 minutes.
The culinary world of breaded chicken breast variations is wide and big. In order not to get lost in it, it's recommended to test out each and every dish and eat your way through each recipe! Our favorites include: Schnitzel Gratin with Curry Sauce, Kielbasa Schnitzel, Puff Pastry Cordon Bleu, Gigantic Cordon Bleu, and Mini Cordon Bleu.
Get the recipe for the Chicken Cordon Bleu Roll featured in the bonus video.