When you cut into this monster… crazy what’s inside!
Fusion cuisine combines certain ingredients from different countries and culinary traditions to create a new dish. In this recipe, however, we're fusing a hearty German favorite with a popular dessert by turning the humble steak tartare sandwich into an elegant cake!
- 3 lb ground meat
- 1 round loaf of bread (approx. 1 lb)
- 5 oz pickles
- 5 slices of cheese
- 1 tomato
- 1 onion
- 7 oz butter
- 1 tsp grated nutmeg
- 1 tbsp caraway
- salt and pepper
For the decoration:
- 8 slices of salami
- 2 radishes
1. Mix the ground meat with the nutmeg, caraway, salt, and pepper.
2. Cut the bread horizontally into five slices of equal thickness. Spread butter onto each slice, except for the top one.
3. Slice the tomato, onion, and pickles and place them on the slices of bread as follows:
- Place the tomato on the bottom slice of bread.
- The onion is placed on the next slice.
- The pickles are for the slice above that.
- The next slice is covered with cheese.
Place the last remaining slice on top of the cheese.
4. Cover the entire loaf of bread with ground meat and shape it into a cake.
5. Decorate the steak tartare cake with the ingredients listed above. Let your imagination run wild!
Whether it's a birthday or a wedding, there are so many possibilities for this delicious fusion cake. And if that isn't enough for you, check out the Potato Salad Cake recipe from the bonus video here.