Chocolate Cherry Steak Cake With Apple Fries
If you've been craving a juicy steak, but are trying to cut down on your meat consumption, this sweet chocolate cherry treat will hit the spot!
For the cake batter:
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 cups of flour
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1¼ cups cherry juice
- 3 tbsp cherry jam
For the chocolate buttercream frosting:
- 4 cups of powdered sugar, sieved
- 2 sticks of room temperature butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2-3 tbsp cocoa powder
For the filling:
- ¾ cup cherry jam
- 9-inch springform pan
- wooden skewers
- roasted apple slices (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Separate the eggs, beat the egg whites, gradually add the sugar to the egg whites, beat until stiff peaks form, and then stir in the egg yolks one at a time.
2. Mix in the baking powder, flour, and milk.
3. Stir in the cherry jam.
4. Pour the batter into a greased springform pan and bake for 40 minutes.
5. Let the cake cool, poke several holes in the top with a wooden skewer, and pour the cherry juice over the cake. For the best results, refrigerate the cake overnight.
6. Remove the thin upper layer of the cake and cut the cake into 2 pieces, resembling a yin-yang symbol, with the help of 2 glasses.
7. Coat one cake half with jam and place the other half on top. For the chocolate buttercream frosting, beat the butter until creamy, gradually mix in the powdered sugar, add the cocoa powder and vanilla extract, and mix well. Spread the frosting over the cake.
8. Press a hot oven rack on top of the cake to create a grill pattern.
Serve your steak cake with roasted apple fries and you've got yourself quite the dinner dessert! You can find the recipe for the Watermelon Dome Cake featured in the bonus video here.