Star Fruit Dome Cake With Yogurt Cream Kiwi Layers
If you want a dessert that will really wow, this cake is an absolute star! With a delicious yogurt cream, star fruit, kiwis, and a fluffy sponge cake, you just can't go wrong.
For the fruit:
- 1 star fruit
- 4 kiwis, peeled
For the yogurt cream:
- 14 oz plain yogurt
- 5 tbsp sugar
- 8 fl oz heavy cream
For the cake:
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup flour, sieved
1. Slice the star fruit and 2 of the kiwis. Line a 9-inch bowl with plastic wrap and arrange the fruit slices along the walls, leaving as little space in between as possible.
2. Beat the yogurt, sugar, and heavy cream until well mixed. Spread half of the mixture along the walls of the bowl, over the fruit, and refrigerate the bowl while you prepare the cake.
3. Preheat the oven to 350°F and prepare the cake. Beat the eggs and sugar until frothy and then stir in the sieved flour. Pour the cake batter into a 9-inch springform pan lined with parchment paper and bake for 15 minutes until golden brown.
4. Once the cake has cooled, remove it from the pan, and cut it in half horizontally.
5. Cut the bottom piece into 6 equal pieces.
6. Press the cake pieces over the yogurt cream in the bowl. If you have a leftover piece, feel free to eat it!
7. Pour the rest of the yogurt cream over the cake. Cut the remaining 2 kiwis in half, slice them, and push the pieces into the cream.
8. Smooth out the cream on top.
9. Gently press the other cake piece into the bowl.
10. Refrigerate the bowl for 2-3 hours, preferably overnight. To serve, flip the cake onto a serving platter and carefully remove the bowl and plastic wrap.
One bite of this fruity dome cake with star fruit, kiwi, and yogurt cream, and you'll wonder why these ingredients haven't been together all along! You can find the recipe for the Watermelon Dome Cake featured in the bonus video here.