Creamy Smoked Salmon Sandwich Cake With Beet Salad And Egg Salad
If you just can't get enough of sandwiches, now's the time for you to pay close attention! We're stacking up multiple layers of toast with smoked salmon, beet salad, and perfectly seasoned egg salad. For that final touch, the entire sandwich cake gets wrapped in a layer of cream cheese before being "disguised" with cucumber slices. It's a sandwich unlike anything you've ever seen before!
- 12 slices white bread
- ½ lb smoked salmon
- 5 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 cooked beet
- 1 red onion, both diced and ringed (for garnish)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp chopped scallions
- 3 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- ⅔ cup cream cheese
- ⅔ cup mayo
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 cucumbers, sliced
- fresh parsley to garnish
- 2-3 slices smoked salmon to garnish
1. Toast the 12 slices of white bread in the oven for 10-15 minutes at 350°F.
2. Cut off the bread crusts.
3. Finely chop the smoked salmon and add it to a bowl. Add the finely chopped red onion, parsley, olive oil, and lemon juice and mix everything together. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
4. Place 4 slices of toast next to each other to create a square and spread the salmon tartare on top. Place the 4 remaining slices of toast on top.
5. Use an egg slicer to chop the cooked beet into small cubes and add them to a bowl. Add the mayonnaise, cream cheese, and lemon juice and mix everything together.
6. Spread the beet salad on top of the toast square and put another 4 slices on top.
7. Use an egg slicer to finely chop the hard-boiled eggs and add them to a bowl along with the mayonnaise, finely chopped scallions, and Dijon mustard. Mix everything together and spread the egg salad over the toast square.
8. Cover the sides of the toast square with cream cheese.
9. Cut a cucumber in half and use a peeler to cut it into long, thin strips. Use the cucumber strips to cover the entire sandwich cake. Garnish the cake with smoked salmon, red onions, and parsley and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
This sandwich cake brings some of the classic bagel flavors we all know and love with the lox, cream cheese, and egg salad. And the beet salad gives this dish an earthiness and freshness that is to die for. This is a truly unique way to serve sandwiches and one that your guests are sure to love!