Rainbow Vegetable Tart With Mozzarella & Prosciutto
- 9-inch round casserole dish
- 1 puff pastry sheet
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 mozzarella ball, sliced
- 2 large carrots, sliced
- 2 zucchini, sliced
- 1 eggplant, sliced
- 12 slices of prosciutto
- ⅔ cup crème fraîche
- 4 eggs
- salt & pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F and line the casserole dish with puff pastry.
2. Add the chopped onions and mozzarella slices to the dish.
3. Cut the zucchini, carrots, and eggplant into long vertical strips.
4. Place a layer of carrot slices around the casserole dish, followed by a layer of zucchini slices, eggplant slices, and finally prosciutto slices. Continue layering in this order until you reach the center.
5. Beat the eggs, crème fraîche, salt, and pepper together, pour the mixture over the vegetable tart, and cook for 30 minutes.
You can find the Eggplant Zucchini Rose Tart featured in the bonus video here.