Enjoy a scrumptious taste of Italy, in a sandwich!
When craving a snack, a good sandwich is hard to beat. But often, it contains the same monotonous ingredients: cheese, ham, lettuce, tomato, etc. Ever heard of a Pizza Margherita Sandwich? It doesn't take much longer than a grilled cheese, and your taste buds will not be disappointed! Hunger stands no chance with this recipe. The best part? It's so easy!
For the sauce you will need:
1 tsp. olive oil
1 onion, chopped
1/2 cup tomato sauce
1 tsp. sugar
2 tsp. oregano
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
For the sandwich you will need:
2 slices thick white bread
4 slices mozzarella
4 basil leaves
2 tsp. olive oil
- Heat a frying pan with 1 tsp. of olive oil and sauté the chopped onion.
- Add the tomato sauce.
- Next add the sugar, oregano, salt, and pepper to the pan.
- Stir consistently over medium heat for five minutes, then place the sauce to the side.
- In a new pan, heat 2 tsp. of olive oil. Place 2 slices of white bread into the pan and heat both sides until golden brown.
- With a spoon, add your tomato sauce mixture onto both slices of bread.
- Now add the mozzarella and basil leaves.
- Put the bread together and flip the sandwich in the hot pan until the mozzarella begins to melt.
Finito! This ideal snack is practical, easy, and delicious. There should be more sandwich recipes like this one!