Stuffed Pizza Cones in a handy size are the perfect party snack!
Has it ever happened to you? The tip of your pizza slice dips, the toppings fall victim to gravity and suddenly you're left holding a greasy slab of pizza base and not much else? We've come up with a simple solution: stuffed Pizza Cones.
You'll need (for 4 servings):
- 1 sheet of round pizza dough
- grated cheese
- pizza sauce
- pepperoni slices
- First, fold a sheet of Letter paper into a small cone as follows: Fold the paper in half across its width, then fold again in the same way to form a rectangle. Now take one of the corners on the length of the folded paper and fold it across to the other long side, to form a trapezium. Then take the free corner and fold the paper back on itself, to form a kite shape. Press the paper into a cone and fold the corners sticking out at the top inside it. Then wrap the cone in baking parchment. Make four of these paper cones.
- Cut the pizza dough crossways into four identically sized portions. Roll each piece around a paper cone.
- Stand the cones upside down on a baking tray and bake for 20 minutes at 360°F. Once they have cooled slightly, remove the paper cones.
- To fill a cone, you can set it the right way up in a glass. Start with a small amount of cheese, add a tablespoon of pizza sauce on top, then onions, chopped pepper and pepperoni slices. To finish, add more cheese on top. Then bake the cones for another 5 minutes at 360°F.
Now when it comes to losing your toppings, with Pizza Cones, it's only possible in one position — and anyone holding them upside down is going to look pretty stupid pretty quickly. We recommend holding one in your hand like an ice cream cone —just don't forget to bite instead of lick!