Pineapple Chicken Salad
Everyone's had chicken salad, and while it may be a classic, that doesn't mean it can't get a little boring after a while. If you're headed to your millionth potluck or get-together of the season and want to make something that will really impress the other guests, you can't go wrong with this modern twist on the beloved dish!
- 3 cooked chicken breasts
- 16 oz pineapple chunks
- 6 hard-boiled eggs
- 8 oz shredded cheese
- iceberg lettuce
For the mayonnaise:
- 1½ cups vegetable oil
- 1 tsp mustard
- 2 eggs
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 pinch of salt
- 9-inch springform cake pan
1. Shred the cooked chicken into small pieces and set aside.
2. Cut the pineapple into smaller chunks and set aside.
3. Peel the hard-boiled eggs, grate them, and set aside.
4. To make the homemade mayonnaise, add the vegetable oil, garlic, mustard, eggs, and salt to a bowl and puree until smooth.
5. Line the springform pan with lettuce leaves and layer in the following order: mayonnaise, chicken, mayonnaise, pineapple, mayonnaise, grated eggs, mayonnaise, shredded cheese, mayonnaise, chicken, mayonnaise, pineapple, mayonnaise, grated eggs, and finally shredded cheese.
6. Use the mayonnaise to draw a criss-cross diamond pattern on the layer of cheese and arrange the walnuts and dill as shown in the video. Remove the springform pan and your pineapple chicken salad is ready to go.
You can find the recipe for the Fresh Salad Cake featured in the bonus video here.