Fresh Salad Cake With A Creamy Dressing Is The Dish Of The Summer
There's no denying it — salad is healthy... which is why, unfortunately, a lot of people find it unappealing. But that's all about to change! This recipe will mix up the world view of salad and will convert salad haters into salad lovers. With its fresh and creamy sauce, this no-bake dish is not only eye candy, but it's also quite tasty and will revolutionize the way people think about raw food.
For the cake:
- 8 large iceberg lettuce leaves
- 3 tortillas
- ½ cucumber, sliced
- 5 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1 bunch radishes, sliced
- 5½ oz ham (5-6 large slices)
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into strips
- 3 vine tomatoes, sliced
- 5½ oz cheddar cheese (7-8 slices)
For the dressing:
- 5⅓ oz cream cheese
- 5⅓ oz crème fraîche
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 3½ fl oz milk
- salt and pepper
For the garnish:
- fresh parsley, chopped
1. Prepare your salad cake in a 10-inch springform pan (9-inch will also work, but be sure to adjust ingredients accordingly). Arrange the iceberg lettuce leaves in a circular pattern around the edge of the pan so that the bottom is entirely covered. The leaves should slightly overlap.
2 Now it's time to layer your salad in the following order: tortilla, cucumber slices, egg slices, tortilla, shredded lettuce, radish slices, ham slices, yellow bell pepper strips, tomato slices, shredded lettuce, tortilla, cheddar cheese slices. Refrigerate the end result for 1½ hours.
3. Add all the salad dressing ingredients to a blender and mix well until a liquid is formed.
4. Carefully release the cake from the springform pan and sprinkle chopped parsley over the top. Serve each slice of the salad cake with a ladle of the special dressing.
Just like with a regular green salad in a bowl, you can, of course, make the cake vegetarian or change up the ingredients — feel free to try a different kind of bread or wrap, or even create your own salad dressing. Let yourself be inspired by this healthy cake and it will certainly be a treat!