Twice The Aroma, Twice The Taste: Grilled Steak With Onion Flowers
At the height of the summer, it can sometimes feel like we're surrounded on all sides by wonderful smells, be they from flowers, the sea, suncream or meat cooking on the barbecue. And with this recipe it gets even better, because alongside your hearty grilled steak, the particular aroma of our onion flowers is certainly going to whet your appetite.
You'll Need (for 2):
- 2 steaks (each 8 oz)
- salt & pepper
- 4 onions
- 3 oz shredded cheese
- 3 1/2 oz bacon, chopped and fried
1. Season the steaks with salt and pepper. Cut into the peeled onions crosswise, but don't cut all the way through.
2. Put the onions and the steaks on grill. Alternatively, the food can be cooked at 390°F in an oven. Remember, the steaks need less grilling time than the onions.
3. When the onions have opened, sprinkle them with cheese and bacon and grill for several more minutes.
4. Serve everything straight from the grill.
For this recipe, the grill does most of the work, which means you can sit back, relax, and enjoy the delicious smells as everything cooks. And if that's not enough for you, you can always make sure to stick your nose in and get a good whiff of the onion flower once it's done!