Meatloaf Surprise In Bread
Today in the Scrumdiddlyumptious kitchen we're combining two classics, the humble loaf of bread and the ever reliable meatloaf. We all love a bit of meatloaf, but have you ever tried meatloaf in a loaf of bread? No? Then we have a treat in store for you. All you need to do is prepare, bake and enjoy!
- 1 loaf brown bread (approx. 26½ oz)
- 4 slices bacon
- 5⅓ oz cream cheese
- 2 slices cheese
- 4 boiled eggs
- 5⅓ oz mozzarella, shredded
For the filling:
- 24⅔ oz ground meat
- 1 oz bread crumbs
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- ½ tbsp ground caraway
- ½ tbsp sweet paprika
- 2 eggs
- salt & pepper
- 1 tbsp parsley
- First prepare the meat filling by mixing the ground beef with the other ingredients.
- Cut the top off the loaf of bread and hollow it out. Line the loaf with roughly two thirds of the ground beef mix, but leave a trench free in the middle.
- Lay the bacon slices in this hollow, on top of the ground beef. Spread the cream cheese on top of the bacon, then put the cheese slices on top of that before placing all four boiled eggs whole on top of that.
- Cover the filling with the rest of the ground beef, hollow out the top of the loaf of bread, and then place on top as lid. Sprinkle it with mozzarella then bake it in a convection oven for 35 minutes at 320°F.
Everyone likes toasted bread and cheese. And we can only imagine they'll like it even more once you slice up the loaf and show them what's inside. And if you're in the mood for more recipes that hide a surprise in a loaf of bread, check out our Sandwich Cake recipe here.