Looking for a savory snack? Try a slice of our Sandwich Cake!
Using slices of bread to create a whole new loaf may sound like a crackpot idea — but don't knock it until you've tried it! Check out our new savory Sandwich Cake recipe...
- 8 slices of toasting bread
- 13.3 fl oz milk
- 2 eggs
- 3 slices of cheese
- ½ cup of freshly cooked spinach
- 2 hot dog wieners
- 5 boiled quails' eggs
- 2.8 oz grated mozzarella
- Cut the crusts off all the slices of toasting bread. Make sure two of the slices are the same shape as the end of your loaf pan. Cut the remaining slices in half.
- Whisk the milk and eggs together, and dip the halved slices of toasting bread in the mixture. Place them along the bottom of your pan, which should already be lined with baking parchment. The slices should also partly cover the sides of the pan. Once the first layer is in position, place the specially cut end pieces at either end of the pan.
- Cover the bread with a layer of cheese, then place another layer of bread on top, followed by the second layer of cheese.
- Steam the spinach, then drain it, before spreading it evenly over the cheese. Place the two hot dog wieners along the edges of the pan, leaving a channel down the middle. Put the quails' eggs (boiled, then peeled) in the gap. Then put the last slice of cheese on top, before covering it all with the last four pieces of bread. Sprinkle with grated mozzarella and bake for 15 minutes at 390°F.
Using slices of bread to create an entire loaf may have sounded like a strange idea, but now it has a hearty filling — so maybe it was smarter than it first appeared. It's also worth filling your loaf with other tasty ingredients, because whatever you use, it'll still be a surprise when you cut into it!