Lemon Meringue Pie Pops With A Chocolate Waffle Base
Stop the presses! We've found a recipe that combines all your favorite desserts into one. It's almost too good to be true, but here it is, and it has everything: lemon curd, cheesecake, and even a Nutella waffle cone all at once. Mind = blown. This is truly one for the ages – you have got to give this recipe a try!
For the lemon curd:
- 1⅔ cups powdered sugar
- 2 lemons
- ¾ stick butter, cubed
- 3 eggs
For the cheesecake:
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 10 oz whipped cream
- 1 vanilla bean
- lemon curd
For the meringue:
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup fine sugar
- 4 waffle cones
- 2 tbsp Nutella
- ice cube tray
- 6 popsicle sticks
- culinary torch
1. Prepare the lemon curd by adding the powdered sugar, lemon juice, and butter to a pot over low heat. Let the butter melt and gently stir the mixture. Fold in the eggs and cook until the lemon curd reaches a thick, creamy consistency. Remove from heat and wait for the lemon curd to cool down.
2. In a bowl, combine the cream cheese, vanilla bean contents, and 2 tablespoons of the homemade lemon curd. Gently fold in the whipped cream and then the rest of the lemon curd.
3. Spoon the cheesecake batter in an ice cube tray and smooth out the top.
4. Steam 4 waffle cones over simmering water and roll them out flat once they're pliable.
5. Place 2 of the flat waffle cones on top of the ice cube tray and coat them with Nutella.
6. Place 2 more flat waffle cones on top.
7. Push a popsicle stick through the waffle cones into each ice cube tray mold.
8. Cut off the protruding waffle parts and cut the reaming waffle into 6 squares corresponding with the ice cube tray molds. Freeze the tray for 12 hours.
9. Prepare the meringue by whisking together the egg whites and sugar in a bowl over a water bath.
10. Remove the cubes from the ice cube tray and dunk each one into the meringue.
11. Caramelize the meringue with a culinary torch.
You can find the recipe for the Mini Lemon Cakes featured in the bonus video here.