Having A Major Craving For Lemons? This Is The Dessert For You!
Suffering from the winter blues? We don't blame you — temperatures continue to struggle and spring still seems a long way off. For a quick pick-me-up, we recommend heading to the kitchen and making some of our delicious Mini Lemon Cakes. One bite will send your thoughts to a warmer place and hopefully have you dreaming of the summer. So what are you waiting for — add some sunshine to your plate!
- 3 lemons
- 9 oz sugar
- 2½ oz butter
- 3 eggs
- 4 oz melted white chocolate
- 4 oz melted butter
- 3¼ oz flour
- 2 oz powdered sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- First squeeze the lemons over a pot and stir in the sugar, butter, and eggs using a whisk while the heat is on. Keep stirring until the lemon juice thickens to a creamy consistency. Take the pot off the heat.
- Now use an electric whisk to stir the chocolate with the melted butter, flour, powdered sugar, egg yolk, and the rest of the eggs in a bowl. You should create a smooth batter mixture.
- Next, add the the lemon cream mixture from the pot to the batter and grate lemon on top. Now carefully stir everything one more time with the electric whisk.
- For the next step, spoon the lemon batter into a greased muffin pan. Don't fill the molds right to the top though, as the cakes will rise in the oven.
- Bake your bite-sized delights in a convection oven set to 320°F for 14 minutes.
Serving tip: Place the cooled cakes on a dessert plate and decorate them with whipped cream, some mint leaves, and fresh berries.
Does tasting our wonderful Mini Lemon Cakes have you thinking of a balmy tropical island somewhere in the Caribbean? If not, we at least hope they'll get you in the mood for better weather ahead!