Layered Lasagna Tower With Prosciutto, Mozzarella, And Salami
Making lasagna usually involves layering ingredients in a casserole dish, popping it in the oven, and hoping for the best. Our recipe takes a slightly different, more hands-on approach to this Italian classic. We're going to show you a revolutionary folding technique that perfectly compliments our different fillings, like prosciutto, tomato & spinach, and salami, all paired with cheese, cheese, and more cheese. It's a truly exciting lasagna experience that you don't want to miss out on, especially because the result is a huge lasagna tower with an emphasis on the best part: the filling!
For the lasagna tower:
- 24 oz lasagna sheets, cooked
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 12 oz ricotta cheese
- 9 prosciutto slices
- 1½ cups grated parmesan
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 10 oz thawed spinach
- 3 red onions, sliced
- fresh basil
- 3 mozzarella balls, sliced
- 6 oz sliced salami
For the garlic & herb olive oil:
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp chopped rosemary
- salt & pepper to taste
1. Boil the lasagna sheets in salted water for 5 minutes until they are soft enough to fold. Once the lasagna sheets have cooled, stick 6 of them together to form a rectangle. Be sure to complete this step on a piece of parchment paper so that you can easily transfer the layered lasagna tower to a casserole dish later.
2. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Put the first round of filling on one half of the lasagna sheet rectangle by layering the ingredients in the following order: tomato sauce, ricotta cheese, 3 slices of prosciutto, and parmesan. Fold the other half of the lasagna sheet rectangle over the filling.
3. Stick 3 more lasagna sheets to the top layer and layer the second round of filling on top in the following order: tomato sauce, tomato slices, spinach, red onion slices, and parmesan. Fold the other half of the lasagna sheet rectangle over the filling.
4. Repeat the same process for the third round of filling in the following order: tomato sauce, basil, mozzarella slices, salami slices, and parmesan.
5. Repeat this process until the lasagna contains 3 layers of each filling. Combine the ingredients for the garlic & herb olive oil, brush it over the layered lasagna tower, and sprinkle some more parmesan on top. Carefully transfer the entire lasagna to a casserole dish and cover with aluminum foil. Transfer the casserole dish to the oven and bake for 90 minutes at 400°F.
This recipe will introduce you to a truly unique lasagna experience. These particular ingredients make for quite a tasty treat, but feel free to mix things up when it comes to the fillings – after all, your lasagna should have as much personality as you do!
Get the recipe for the Layered Lasagna Cake featured in the bonus video.