Layered Lasagna Cake Filled With Salami, Pesto, And Cheesy Alfredo Sauce
Oh, we could sing a song or two about how much we love lasagna. When that smell starts wafting through your home and you finally get to have a slice, there's nothing that can match up to the beauty of those layers. Then the noodles, meat sauce, and alfredo sauce melt in your mouth for an intensely delicious flavor explosion. Now, that's all well and good, but we're always looking for new ways to present old classics. That's why we've hidden all those layers in a lasagna cake, which just goes to show that it's what's inside that counts!
- 30 lasagna noodles
- 3 oz salami slices
- 1½ cups alfredo sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
For the basil pesto:
- 1 bunch of basil, chopped
- ½ cup roasted pine nuts
- ½ cup grated parmesan
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ cup olive oil
For the meat sauce:
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 tbsp basil
- 1½ cups tomato sauce
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella
- salt & pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 300°F and cook the lasagna noodles in salted water according to the instructions on the package. For the meat sauce, saute the ground beef, onion, garlic, and basil. Add in the tomato sauce and shredded mozzarella and let the sauce simmer for a little while. Remove the sauce from heat and let cool. Add all the ingredients for the pesto to a blender and blend until smooth.
2. Line a large bowl with the cooled lasagna noodles so that the ends hang over the edge of the bowl.
3. Place half of the salami slices on top of the lasagna noodles. Stir the shredded mozzarella into the alfredo sauce and spread it over the salami.
4. Cover this layer with more lasagna noodles, followed by more salami slices and alfredo sauce.
5. Cover this layer with more lasagna sheets and then spread the homemade basil pesto on top. Cover the pesto with more lasagna noodles.
6. Repeat this same process for another pesto layer.
7. Now add half of the meat sauce to the bowl and cover it with lasagna noodles.
8. Repeat the same process for a second layer of meat sauce.
9. Fold in the lasagna noodles that are hanging over the edge of the bowl.
10. Put the lasagna in the oven for 35 minutes. Turn it over onto a large plate before serving.
At long last, lasagna noodles are given their moment to shine! The meat sauce is perfectly seasoned, the alfredo sauce cheesy and creamy as can be, and the basil pesto gives it an extra depth of flavor. Unbelievably good!
Get the recipe for the Lasagna on a Stick featured in the bonus video.