Our Fiery Jalapeño Turkey Burger Is A Cut Above The Usual Fast Food!
Anyone who has ever attempted a turkey burger recipe knows that preparing a tasty meat patty has little to do with the kinds of burger you can pick up at fast food joints. Lovingly creating a hand-crafted burger — ideally with a homemade bun — means taking your time. This is only fast food in the sense that it takes no time to eat it — it tastes that good.
You'll need (for 4 portions):
- 1¾ lb ground turkey meat
- 1 onion, diced
- salt and pepper
- 4 tbsp cream cheese
- 1 jalapeño, finely chopped
- 3½ oz cheddar, grated
- 1 garlic clove
1. Knead the ground turkey together with the onion and season with salt and pepper.
2. Mix the cream cheese, jalapeño, cheddar, and one finely chopped garlic clove into a creamy mixture.
3. For each burger, press around an eighth of the meat into a round patty. Place a quarter of the cream cheese mix on top and cover the filling with another eighth of the meat.
4. Close the edges of the jalapeño burgers and fry each burger in hot oil until both sides are brown.
5. To serve, place your filled turkey burger in a bun with the toppings and sauce of your choice.
In a classic cheeseburger, you lay the cheese on top of the meat. Here, in what's known as a "Juicy Lucy" burger, it's been transported inside, giving a real cheese explosion when you bite into it. Don't forget to try our Cheeseburger Ring in the second video a try, and if you're looking for more cheesy, burger-y goodness, there's always our Beer Can Burgers recipe!