An impressive recipe for making your very own cheeseburger ring
A cheeseburger may be good, but a cheeseburger ring is better. An eye-catching centerpiece for any party buffet, this delicious dish for sharing is actually a lot easier to make than you might think...
For the filling:
- olive oil
- 17.6 oz ground beef
- 1 diced onion
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 1 tbsp ketchup
For the dough:
- 1 sheet of puff pastry
For the topping:
- 12 half-slices of burger cheese
- 12 pickle slices
For the glaze:
- 1 whisked egg
- sesame seeds
- Heat up some olive oil in a pan before adding the ground beef. Cook thoroughly and then add the diced onion. Now season the meat with salt, pepper, mustard, and ketchup and mix well.
- For the casing, you'll now need to place the puff pastry on a chopping board. Take a knife and cut the pastry in half. Now cut both halves into six triangles.
- The trickiest thing about this recipe is arranging the pieces of pastry so that the burger forms a ring. To do so, place the pieces of pastry in a star shape on a baking tray covered with baking parchment. Spoon the cooked meat onto the inner ring without getting any on the star's points. Then lay the slices of cheese on top. Now adorn each slice of cheese with the pickles. To give the ring its shape, fold the points of the star inward over the filling.
- Brush the dough with the egg wash and sprinkle the sesame seeds on top.
- Place the cheeseburger ring in a preheated convection oven set to 360°F for 15 minutes.
It's as simple as that — now you have the perfect finger food for your next gathering. Dig in!