Hot Chocolate Bombs 3 Different Ways
When the wind's blowing in your face and the whole world's on your case, there's nothing you can do except treat yourself! And what better way to do that than by making a delicious, indulgent, chocolate dessert that'll warm you right up? Whoever invented hot chocolate definitely must have had moments like these in mind, which is why we're showing you how to make hot chocolate bombs 3 different ways – 3 different flavors, 3 different colors, 3 different ways to sweeten your day!
Prep Time: 1 hour
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Difficulty Level: Moderate
For the chocolate balls:
- 6 oz semi-sweet chocolate, tempered
- 6 oz white chocolate, tempered
- 6 oz pink chocolate, tempered
- ½ cup whipped cream + 2 tbsp raspberry syrup
- ½ cup whipped cream + 2 tbsp caramel syrup
- ½ cup whipped cream + 2 tbsp chocolate syrup
- melted semi-sweet chocolate to decorate
- melted white chocolate to decorate
- melted pink chocolate to decorate
For the assembly:
- 3x 6-cavity half-sphere mold
- silicone basting brush
- egg cups
- butter knife + lighter
For the garnish:
- hot milk
- cookie crumbs
- mini marshmallows
- freeze-dried raspberries
1. Using a silicone basting brush, thinly brush the cups of the first half-sphere mold with tempered semi-sweet chocolate, and then brush another layer on top. Let the chocolate set at room temperature and then transfer to the refrigerator to harden completely. The half-spheres should be easy to remove from the molds once hardened. Repeat the process with the pink chocolate and the white chocolate in the other 2 half-sphere molds. If you only have one mold, make each color one after the other.
2. Lay out 3 bowls and add ½ cup whipped cream to each. Then add 2 tablespoons of the corresponding syrup to each bowl.
3. Lay out 3 egg cups, place a semi-sweet chocolate half-sphere in each one, and fill with the chocolate-flavored whipped cream. Repeat with the white chocolate half-spheres and caramel-flavored whipped cream and pink chocolate half-spheres and raspberry-flavored whipped cream.
4. Run a hot knife over the second batch of half-spheres to melt the edges a little, then set them on top of their corresponding, filled half-spheres. To finish off, drizzle some melted chocolate over the chocolate balls (melted pink chocolate on the semi-sweet chocolate balls, melted semi-sweet chocolate on the white chocolate balls, and melted white chocolate on the pink chocolate balls).
To serve, place 3 chocolate balls into a tall glass and pour hot milk on top. Garnish the individual glasses with some more treats: the hot pink chocolate gets some freeze-dried raspberries, the hot semi-sweet chocolate gets some mini marshmallows on top, and the hot white chocolate gets a sprinkle of cookie crumbs.
Get the recipes for the Neapolitan Milkshake & Chocolate Banana Milkshake featured in the bonus video.