Simple and hearty: Fusilli Soup
Looking to whip up something hearty on a cold night? With this recipe, enjoy all the rich flavors of a pasta dish served in a comforting soup form.
You will need:
- about 1 lb ground beef
- 1 3/4 cups tomato sauce
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp oregano
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 onions, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 9 oz boiled fusilli pasta, slightly under-cooked
- cream cheese, 4 oz
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- Heat the oil in a pan and sauté the ground beef, adding the onions and garlic.
- Once the meat is cooked, season with salt, pepper, and oregano.
- Pour in the tomato sauce and vegetable stock and let simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add the pasta and let simmer for an additional 8-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix the cream cheese with parmesan and season with pepper.
- Spoon the soup into small bowls, adding a dollop of the cream cheese mixture.
- For a finishing touch, sprinkle a bit of grated cheese and shredded basil. Finished!
There you have it: a simple, delicious meal for the whole family. The best part? Only one large pan required. Enjoy!