Ferrero Rocher Cake Pops – Hazelnut Chocolate Cake Balls Dipped In 2 Different Kinds Of Chocolate
Cake pop recipes are all the rage right now. But instead of coating a boring ol' piece of cake in chocolate or frosting, why not amp it up a bit? With this recipe, you'll not only get a cake coating dipped in two different kinds of chocolate, you'll also get a sweet surprise inside the cake – a crispy chocolate hazelnut ball!
- 5 Ferrero Rocher balls
- 5 cake pop or lollipop sticks
- 4 eggs
- 8 fl oz milk
- 3 tbsp powdered sugar
- 5 tbsp oil
- 9 oz flour
- oil for frying
- 14 oz white chocolate
- 3 oz bittersweet chocolate
1. Unwrap the Ferrero Rocher balls and skewer them with cake pop sticks.
2. Separate the eggs. Mix the egg yolks, milk, powdered sugar, and oil, and then stir in the flour.
3. Beat the egg whites until frothy and then add them to the cake batter. Dip the Ferrero Rocher balls in the batter.
4. Heat some oil in a pot, fry the Ferrero Rocher cake pops until golden brown, and let cool.
5. Melt the chocolate in separate water baths. Pour the melted white chocolate into a deep bowl and drizzle the melted bittersweet chocolate on top.
6. Dip the cooled cake pops into the melted chocolate and swirl them as you pull them out, so as to create a nice design. Place the finished cake pops in a cake pop stand or upright glass and let the chocolate harden.
A chocolate hazelnut ball surrounded by a fluffy cake layer with a delicious white chocolate & bittersweet chocolate shell – cake pops have never tasted this heavenly!
You can find the recipe for the Ferrero Rocher Brownies featured in the bonus video here.