Creamy Coconut Volcano Poke Cake
This cake comes with extra star power, thanks to all of its coconut components, like a fluffy cake dough soaked in coconut milk and a delicious glaze consisting of both coconut milk and coconut flakes. There's no denying it — we're nuts for coconuts!
For the cake:
- 4 eggs
- 8 oz sugar
- 9 oz wheat flour
- 4 fl oz milk
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- bundt pan + margarine to grease the pan
For the coconut milk cream:
- 5 fl oz sweetened condensed milk
- 8 fl oz milk
- 4 fl oz coconut milk
For the coconut icing:
- 8 oz butter
- 8 oz white chocolate, chopped
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 3 fl oz coconut milk
- 3 oz coconut flakes
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Separate 4 eggs and beat the egg whites in a bowl. Gradually add the sugar and stir everything with a hand mixer until a solid meringue forms. Then mix each egg yolk into the batter, one at a time. Add the the flour, milk, and baking powder and mix well.
2. Pour the batter into a greased bundt pan and bake for 40 minutes.
3. Leave the cake in the pan and poke several holes in the warm dough with a wooden skewer.
4. Prepare the coconut milk cream and spoon it over the holes in the cake. Refrigerate the cake for 24 hours.
5. For the icing, melt the butter in a pot over medium heat, add the white chocolate, and let it melt too. Add the sweetened condensed milk, coconut milk, and coconut flakes, and mix until smooth.
6. Remove the cake from the pan and pour the icing in the middle of the cake until it spills over. Sprinkle the cake with coconut flakes.
This tropical cake will transport you right to the beach!
You can find the recipe for the Piña Colada Coconut Cake featured in the bonus video here.