No more boring chicken dishes: Chicken fajita casserole
How does chicken usually land on your plate? Dried out and hidden under a boring sauce, leaving you feeling like you're at a convention dinner?
With very few ingredients and even less effort, you can conjure up a tasty meal that lets your oven do most of the work. What are you waiting for? Just get out a casserole dish and your favorite knife!
You will need (for 3 portions):
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp powdered cumin
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 1 onion
- 7 tbsp olive oil
- 3 oz shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
- Place the chicken breasts next to each other in the casserole dish and season with salt, cayenne pepper and cumin.
- Slice the peppers and onion into strips and place them over the chicken.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Bake for 45 minutes at 355°F.
Serve each breast with large portion of rice and dig in! This colorful concoction is anything but boring and when dinner is so easy to throw together, it can't go wrong. You can also vary the vegetables or spices in the dish to keep your hungry dinner mates entertained. If you're feeling really bold, try throwing some hot peppers in. This dish is practically begging you to be creative! Enjoy!