Cheese-Stuffed Spiral Pizza With Homemade Pizza Dough
Sometimes it's nice to grab a pizza out of the freezer and kick back on the couch while you let the oven do all the work. After all, it's quick, easy, and delicious. But every once in a while, it's nice to mix things up a bit and take the time to make a pizza from scratch, especially since that will give you the full creative license to make it 100% your way – you can even add all the crazy toppings and secret ingredients you want, like this extra cheesy crust, for starters!
You'll Need (makes 2):
For the dough:
- 4 cups flour
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 packet (¼ oz) dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ⅔ cup chunky tomato sauce
- ⅓ cup sliced olives
- 3 oz sliced salami
- ⅓ cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- fresh basil leaves to garnish
1. Mix the dry yeast and warm water together. Add the mixture to the flour, sugar, canola oil, and salt and knead until a smooth dough forms. Cover the dough and let rise for 30 minutes. Once the dough has risen, preheat the oven to 450°F, divide the pizza dough into 2 equal pieces, and roll each dough half out into a roll, about 3 feet long.
2. Make an indent in the dough down the middle and fill with mozzarella cheese.
3. Pinch the dough over the mozzarella, making sure to maintain the original shape of the dough.
4. Form the pizza dough into a spiral on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
5. Spoon the chunky tomato sauce over the space between the dough.
6. Sprinkle the olives, salami, and sun-dried tomatoes over the pizza, transfer the pan to the oven, and cook for 12 minutes. Garnish with fresh basil leaves before serving.
Here's all the proof you need that homemade pizza is super easy to make. Not only does it look and taste great, but it even has ooey, gooey cheese hidden in the dough – this saucy dish is seriously every cheese lover's dream!
Check out the Stuffed Crust Burger Pizza featured in the bonus video.