Sheet Pan Burger Pizza With Cheese-Stuffed Crust & Hot Dog Bites
What should you have for dinner? Pizza? Burgers? Hot Dogs? Cheesy bread? How about all of the above?! Our delicious burger pizza with hot dog bites, a cheesy stuffed crust, and a yummy homemade sauce will let you enjoy all of your favorite comfort foods at once!
For the pizza dough:
- 16 oz flour
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp yeast
- 10 fl oz lukewarm water
- ½ tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp oil
For the burger sauce:
- 8 oz mayonnaise
- 4 tbsp ketchup
- 4 tbsp relish
- 16 oz Swiss cheese block
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 hot dogs
- 2 oz shredded mozzarella
- 6 oz shredded cheddar
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 3 oz iceberg lettuce, cut into strips
- 2 tbsp pickle slices
- 2 tbsp chopped onions
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Combine the pizza dough ingredients and knead the dough until smooth. Form the dough into the shape of a ball, place in a bowl, cover with a damp cloth, and leave in a warm place for 1 hour. After the dough has risen, roll it out and place in a greased, deep pan so that the dough edges hang over.
2. Cut the block cheese into thick strips and place them along the inner edges of the pan. Fold the overlapping dough over the cheese and tuck it under.
3. Prepare the burger sauce and spread it over the center section of the dough. Save some of the sauce back to garnish the finished dish.
4. Mix the ground beef with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Spread the seasoned meat in a greased, deep pan that's slightly smaller than the pizza pan. Cut the hot dogs into small pieces and distribute them in the ground beef. Bake for 6 minutes.
5. After the ground beef sheet has cooled, put it in the pizza pan.
6. Spread the shredded cheese on top. Beat the egg, brush the egg wash over the dough, and sprinkle sesame seeds on top. Bake for 20 minutes.
7. Cut the pizza into pieces and garnish with lettuce, pickles, and onions. Top with the rest of the delicious burger sauce and dig in!
Wow, this dish is a real powerhouse – just the thing for a cozy evening in with good company!
You can find the recipe for the Cheeseburger Pizza featured in the bonus video here.