These tasty banana spring rolls will give you a taste of the tropics!
Close your eyes and imagine the following scene: You're sitting under a sunshade made of palm branches, the sound of the ocean in the background, a gentle breeze in the air. You're sipping down cocktails and snacking on tropical treats. Up for a tropical vacation now? Even if you don't have enough money or vacation time for it, you can still have a taste of the tropics right at home. The four ingredients in this recipe will transport you to a tropical island in no time.
You'll need the following:
- 2 bananas
- ca. 3/4 cup of brown sugar
- 8 sheets of rice paper
- Vegetable oil
Here's what you do:
- Peel the bananas, chop them in half and place the halves lengthwise in columns.
- Coat the pieces in brown sugar and then wrap them up tightly in rice paper.
- Dab a few drops of water onto the corner of the rice paper to seal it.
- Fry the rolls in a pan with vegetable oil. For this, all you need to do is cover the bottom of the pan with a thin layer of oil.
- Once a side has turned golden brown, it's time to flip the roll over. Sprinkle a bit of brown sugar on top while pan frying it to give it an extra caramel aroma.
Let the spring rolls dry off a bit on some paper towels and enjoy them just like that, with some vanilla sauce or with a scoop of ice cream. Even just snacking on these during a staycation will still give you a nice sunny summer vacation feeling.