3 Delicious Party Platter Sandwiches
You're having a bunch of friends over but don't know what to make. It has to be filling, easy, and obviously delicious. So what could possibly fit all those descriptors? The answer is simple: sandwiches. Yes, bread once again saves the day with this ultra-tasty sandwich platter recipe. And the preparation could not be more straightforward: Just toast 12 slices of bread in the oven, stack 'em in a baking pan, pour some eggs over them, and add your toppings of choice. And that's it! Dinner is served.
- 12 slices white bread
- 10 oz shredded Swiss cheese
For the egg mixture:
- 18 eggs
- 3 tbsp heavy cream
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ⅓ cup flour
- salt & pepper to taste
For the toppings:
- 1 tomato, diced
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
⅓ cup sliced black olives
- ½ yellow bell pepper, diced
- 2 hot dogs, diced
- 1 scallion, cut into rings
- 2 oz bacon, chopped
- 1 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 3 oz cheddar cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Put the 12 slices of white bread upright in an oven rack and toast them for 5 minutes. Remove the bread from the oven and reduce the temperature to 325°F.
2. Put 6 slices of toasted white bread in the deep baking pan and spread the shredded Swiss cheese on top.
3. Place 6 more slices of toasted white bread in the baking pan.
4. Add the eggs, heavy cream, baking powder, and flour to a bowl. Season everything with salt and pepper and use an immersion blender to combine the ingredients.
5. Pour the egg mixture over the slices of toast in the baking pan.
6. Now start putting your toppings on the toast. Spread the diced tomatoes, feta cheese, and sliced olives over 2 of the toast slices. Make sure you don't put the same toppings on neighboring slices.
7. On 2 other slices of toast, spread the chopped mushrooms and fried bacon and top with shredded cheddar cheese.
8. On the last 2 slices, spread the chopped hot dog, diced bell pepper, and scallion. Transfer the baking pan to the oven and cook at 325°F for 25 minutes.
As always, you're free to play around with the toppings as much as you want. You could mix it up with different vegetables, cheeses, and meats – it's up to you and what you like! You could make a Reuben-style sandwich with pastrami, Swiss cheese, and Russian dressing, for example. The possibilities are endless!
Get the recipe for the Sheet Pan Party Paninis featured in the bonus video.