Delicious Party Platter Sandwiches
Are you having a bunch of friends over, but don't know what to make? It has to be filling, easy, and obviously delicious. So what could possibly fit all those descriptors? The answer is simple: sandwiches. Yes, bread once again saves the day thanks to our ultra-tasty sandwich platter recipe. And the preparation couldn't be more straightforward!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
For the sandwiches:
- 12 slices of white bread
- 8 oz block of Swiss cheese, grated
For the egg mixture:
- 18 eggs
- 3 tbsp heavy cream
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ⅓ cup flour
- salt & pepper to taste
For the toppings:
- diced tomatoes + crumbled feta + sliced black olives
- diced bell peppers + diced hot dogs + sliced scallions
- sliced mushrooms + bacon bits + shredded cheddar
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Put 12 slices of white bread upright in an oven rack and toast them for 5 minutes. Remove the toast from the oven and reduce the temperature to 325°F.
2. Put 6 slices of toast in a deep baking pan and grate the block of Swiss cheese on top.
3. Cover the cheese with the remaining 6 slices of toast.
4. For the egg mixture, add the eggs, heavy cream, baking powder, and flour to a bowl. Season with salt and pepper and use an immersion blender to combine the ingredients.
5. Pour the egg mixture over the toast in the baking pan.
6. Now add the toppings. Sprinkle the diced tomatoes, crumbled feta cheese, and sliced black olives over 2 of the toast slices.
7. Sprinkle the sliced mushrooms, bacon bits, and shredded cheddar cheese over another 2 slices of toast.
8. Sprinkle the diced hot dogs, diced bell peppers, and sliced scallions over the last 2 pieces of toast. Transfer the baking pan to the oven and cook at 325°F for 25 minutes.
As always, you're free to play around with the toppings as much as you want. You could mix it up with different vegetables, cheeses, and meats – it's up to you and what you like! You could make a Reuben-style sandwich with pastrami, Swiss cheese, and Russian dressing, for example. The possibilities are endless!
Get the recipe for the Sheet Pan Party Paninis featured in the bonus video.