Low-Carb Zucchini Lasagna
If you want to indulge without the guilt, then this is the recipe for you! Lasagna is a classic comfort food, but it often leaves us feeling heavy and stuffed, so if you want a lighter version of the hearty casserole, you'll love our low-carb, low-fat recipe featuring cottage cheese and zoodles instead of the ricotta and lasagna sheets.
For the tomato sauce:
- 1 lb ground meat
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- salt & pepper
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 7 fl oz tomato puree
- oil for cooking
For the béchamel sauce:
- 4 tbsp soft butter
- 5 tbsp flour
- 20 fl oz milk
- salt, pepper, & nutmeg
- 5 zucchinis
- 18 oz cottage cheese
- 10 oz turkey breast
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F and heat a pan with a little oil on medium heat. Cut the zucchinis into long strips, season with salt and pepper, and cook on both sides.
2. Add the ground meat and garlic to the pan and season with salt and pepper. Once the meat has browned, add the tomato paste and tomato puree and let simmer.
3. Cut the turkey breast into long strips and stir in with the cottage cheese.
4. Line the bottom of a casserole dish with cooled zucchini strips.
5. For the béchamel sauce, melt the butter in a saucepan and add the flour while stirring constantly. Stir in the milk and bring to a boil. Season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg, and pour over the zucchini strips.
6. Add another layer of zucchini strips.
7. Cover the zucchini strips with the cottage cheese mixture.
8. Top the vegetable lasagna with the tomato sauce mixture and cook for 30 minutes.
Feel free to garnish with chopped parsley for an even fresher taste!
You can find the recipe for the Beef & Zucchini Tart featured in the bonus video here.