Zucchini Roll Filled With Ground Beef And Cheddar Cheese
An entire meal in one delicious roll? It's all happening in this recipe for our zucchini roll filled with ground beef and cheddar cheese. Find out how zucchini slices, perfectly seasoned ground beef, aromatic cheddar cheese, and eggs come together in the form of one giant roll – your taste buds and real-life buds will thank you!
- 2 zucchinis
- 8 eggs
- salt, pepper & nutmeg to taste
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp rosemary
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp ketchup
1. Cut the zucchinis into slices, salt them, and set them aside for 10 minutes so they can extract some of their water and soften. Then spread the slices on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
2. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Add the eggs to a bowl and season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg before beating the seasoned eggs until creamy. Pour the mixture over the zucchini slices.
3. Transfer the baking sheet to the preheated oven, cook for 15 minutes, and then let everything cool down a bit.
4. In the meantime, brown the ground beef in some olive oil before adding the onion, garlic, tomato paste, and ketchup and seasoning with rosemary, salt, and pepper. Let the ground beef simmer for about 10 minutes over low heat, stirring regularly.
5. Sprinkle the shredded cheddar cheese over the zucchini egg mass and then cover everything with the seasoned ground beef.
6. Use the parchment paper to carefully roll everything up.
7. Bake the zucchini roll at 350°F for 15 minutes.
The zucchini slices really help cut through the richness from the ground beef and cheddar and give this dish a great balance of flavors. Plus, they make the whole thing look pretty, too!
Get the recipe for the Stuffed Zucchini Bites featured in the bonus video.