Zucchini Finger Food — Recipe For Zucchini In Puff Pastry With Cheese & Salmon
You'll Need (for 4):
- 1 roll of puff pastry
- 1 zucchini
- 4 tbsp cream cheese
- 7 oz smoked salmon in slices
- First cut the zucchini into thin slices. Then roll out the puff pastry and cut it lengthwise into four equally-sized strips.
- Sprinkle some flour on the countertop before laying the first strip of puff pastry on top. Now spread one tablespoon of cream cheese along the top half of the strip.
- Now it's time to add the rest of the filling. First lay the zucchini slices along the upper half of the puff pastry slightly above the cream cheese so that they're tightly packed. Then place the slices of salmon along the center of the pastry strip next to each other — half on the zucchini, half on the cream cheese.
- That means about a third of the pastry strip should be free of filling. Fold this part over the strips of salmon, making the pastry strip thinner in the process. All you have to do now is roll up the strip into a flower. Beautiful!
- After you've created four of these flower-like rolls, place them on a baking tray covered with baking parchment. Now bake the rolls at 355°F for 20 minutes. The pastry should be nice and crispy.
At first you'll probably want to take some time to admire your ornate little masterpieces. But don't grow too attached — these delicious pastry rolls are best enjoyed straight out of the oven while they're still warm. Yum!