A True Showstopper Of A Dessert For The Festive Season
Want to amaze your guests this Christmas with a true showstopper of a dessert? Look no further...
For the cake:
- 5 eggs
- 2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 13 oz flour
- 9 oz sugar
- ½ tbsp baking powder
- 7½ fl oz cooking oil
- 4 fl oz water
For the frosting:
- 7 oz marzipan
- 17½ oz cream cheese
For the Christmas trees:
- melted white chocolate
- food coloring for the chocolate (green, blue)
- chocolate sticks
- colorful sugar pearls and decoration
1. Separate the five eggs, putting the egg whites and yolks in two different bowls. Beat the egg whites until stiff. Add sugar and vanilla extract to the egg yolks and stir them until you have a creamy mixture. Bit by bit, add cooking oil, water, flour, and baking powder. Carefully fold in the egg whites so that you have a foamy batter.
2. Split the mixture into two bowls. Use the red food coloring in one bowl and the green food coloring in the other. Stir both bowls well.
3. Preheat the oven to 360°F. Grease the inside of a cake tin. Sprinkle in some flour and alternate between pouring in the green and red batter. Make sure you always pour into the center.
4. Bake the cake for 60 minutes and leave it to cool. Stir the marzipan with the cream cheese to create a smooth frosting. Cut the cake into two pieces horizontally and cover the first halve with a thick layer of frosting.
5. Now place the second halve on top and spread frosting on all sides.
6. Melt the white chocolate in a water bath and add food coloring. Fill a piping bag with the chocolate. Sketch a tree on a piece of paper, place a sheet of plastic on top, and get to the real work. A chocolate stick forms the stump, pipe the tree on top of it, and decorate with pearls and edible glitter.
7. Leave the trees to cool before carefully removing them from the plastic. Stick the trees into the cake. Icing sugar gives the scene the perfect wintery look.
8. A true beauty from the outside, the cake reveals its magic once you cut into it.
Wow, what a great Christmas cake! Give it a try and let us know what you think.