XXL Snickers Bar
What could be better than the rich, creamy combination of chocolate, caramel, and peanuts you find in a Snickers bar? An XXL version, of course! This delicious homemade candy bar will make your mouth water and taste buds tingle. Plus, unlike your average candy bar, there's more than enough to go around – although sharing isn't mandatory if you want to keep this delicious dessert all to yourself!
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 65 minutes
Difficulty Level: Moderate
For the caramel peanut layer:
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 cups caramel candies
- 1 cup peanuts
For the nougat layer:
- 2 sticks butter
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 20 oz marshmallows
For the chocolate coating:
- 2 lbs milk chocolate, tempered
- ¼ cup coconut oil
1. For the caramel layer, line a loaf pan with plastic wrap. Heat up the heavy cream in a pan on low heat, then add in the hard caramels and stir consistently until they've melted. Add in the peanuts and stir everything until combined. Pour the mixture into the loaf pan, transfer it to the refrigerator, and let it cool for 2 hours.
2. For the nougat, brown the butter in a large pan, then add in the peanut butter. Stir everything together thoroughly, then add in the marshmallows. Once the marshmallows have melted and everything is combined, remove the loaf pan from the refrigerator and pour the nougat on top of the caramel layer. Transfer the loaf pan back to the refrigerator and let everything cool for an additional 4 hours.
3. Once the caramel and nougat layers have chilled, remove the loaf pan from the refrigerator. Temper part of the milk chocolate, then pour it on top of the nougat layer. Transfer the loaf pan back to the refrigerator and let everything chill until the chocolate layer has hardened.
4. Temper the rest of the chocolate and mix it with the coconut oil. Remove the loaf pan from the refrigerator and flip its contents over onto a baking tray. Pour the tempered chocolate over the chilled layers, covering them completely. Use an oven rack or grate to create a diamond-shaped pattern on the top of the XXL Snickers bar, then let the chocolate harden at room temperature. Once the chocolate has hardened, transfer the XXL Snickers bar to the refrigerator and let it chill for 30 minutes.
If you're a Snickers fan, then you have to try this incredible recipe – it's easier to make than you might think. We're sure you'll love every ooey, gooey, delicious bite!