Make Your Own XXL Omelet With Bacon & Sausage
If you're a meat lover, you're going to go crazy for today's very special recipe. Featuring juicy sausages, mouth-watering bacon and melted cheese, our XXL Omelet packs a punch in every way imaginable and is dead easy to make. Yup, this truly is an egg-ceptional dish!
- approx. 20 slices of bacon
- 4 kielbasa sausages
- 14 eggs
- 3 oz potato chips
- 6 oz grated cheese
- black pepper
- salt from the mill
You'll also need:
- BBQ seasoning
- vegetable oil
- cast-iron pan
1. Place the slices of bacon on a baking tray lined with parchment paper and sprinkle BBQ seasoning on top. Place the baking tray in an oven set to 325°F for 15 minutes. Leave the bacon to cool and dab away any grease.
2. Fry the kielbasa sausages.
3. Cut the sausages into 4 piece. Wrap 2 to 3 slices of bacon around each piece of sausage.
4. Depending on how much meat you'd like in your omelet, place at least 10 wrapped sausages upright in a cast-iron pan and add the raw eggs. Season everything with salt and pepper. Put the lid on the pan and place it on the grill for 15 minutes.
5. Crush up the potato chips in their bag, sprinkle them on top of the omelet with grated cheese and leave everything to cook for 10 minutes. Once the cheese has melted, the omelet is ready to serve.
The crispy potato chips and grated cheese add an extra dimension to this out-of-this-world omelet. There's of course plenty to go around for the entire family.
In the mood for more bacon?! Check out the Slow-Cooked BBQ Pork from the bonus video.