XXL Ferrero Rocher Chocolate
We've said it before and we'll say it again: Ferrero Rocher chocolates are delicious! All wrapped up in that fancy gold foil, those rich, crunchy little treats look as good as they taste. The only problem we can find with them is their size – they're so tiny that the box disappears almost as fast as the craving for them comes on. Being the problem solvers that we are, we decided to come up with a larger XXL version! This recipe for a giant Ferrero Rocher chocolate has everything that makes this beloved candy so delicious, from the rich chocolate and hazelnut exterior to the crunchy wafer interior. The only thing that's missing is the golden wrapper, but of course you can't eat that!
Prep Time: 2 hours
Baking Time: 15 minutes
Difficulty Level: Moderate
- 16 waffle cones
- 1¾ cups hazelnuts (1½ cups for the interior + ¼ cup the core)
- 8 cups heavy cream
- 6 lbs semi-sweet chocolate chips (5 lbs for the interior + 1 lb for the coating)
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Dip the waffle cones in water, place them on a baking tray, transfer the baking tray to the oven, and bake them at 350°F for 2–3 minutes until they collapse in on themselves.
2. Once the waffle cones are done baking, remove them from the oven and unfold them carefully. Line 2 heat-resistant bowls with the waffle cones, overlapping them so that the sides and bottom of both bowls are covered. Transfer the heat-resistant bowls to the oven and bake at 350°F for 5 minutes until the waffle cones are crispy again. Remove the heat-resistant bowls from the oven and set them aside for later.
3. Heat the heavy cream and 1½ cups of hazelnuts in a saucepan until the temperature reaches 150°F. Once the mixture is warm enough, turn off the heat and let the hazelnuts steep in the heavy cream for an additional 15 minutes.
4. Place 5 lbs of semi-sweet chocolate chips in a large heat-resistant bowl and pour the hazelnut-infused cream through a strainer straight onto the semi-sweet chocolate chips. Set the hazelnuts aide for later and let the chocolate mixture rest for 3 minutes. Stir the chocolate and hazelnut-infused cream together until combined, then divide the chocolate hazelnut cream between the 2 waffle cone bowls.
5. Wrap 2 very small bowls in plastic wrap and press 1 into the center of the chocolate hazelnut cream filling in each waffle cone bowl. Transfer the 2 filled heat-resistant bowls to the refrigerator and chill for at least 4 hours.
6. For the chocolate hazelnut coating, chop the hazelnuts that were previously soaked in cream and temper 1 lb of semi-sweet chocolate chips. Carefully fold the chopped hazelnuts into the tempered chocolate. Remove the waffle cone bowls from the refrigerator and take the small bowls wrapped in plastic wrap out of the center of the filling. Place a clean cooling rack over a baking tray, turn the filled heat-resistant bowls upside down onto the cooling rack, and remove the chocolate hazelnut cream-filled waffle cone bowls.
7. Pour the tempered chocolate and hazelnut coating over the waffle cone exterior and let it harden. Once the chocolate hazelnut coating is dry, turn each half of the XXL Ferrero Rocher over and fill the small wells in the center with the remaining ¼ cup of hazelnuts.
8. Place the 2 giant Ferrero Rocher halves on top of one another and seal them together with melted semi-sweet chocolate chips.
This gigantic version of Ferrero Rocher is as delectable as it is impressive. If you want to treat yourself and your loved ones to a truly amazing dessert, there's plenty to go around!
Get the recipe for the Giant Chocolate Kinder Joy Egg featured in the bonus video.