Giant Cinnamon Roll Straight From The Pan
For countless sweet tooths, cold weather and cinnamon rolls go together like peanut butter and jelly. Normally, the sweet treats are quite small, so it's pretty easy to fill up on them too quickly, and then you're left feeling not so hot. But why not savor the taste with a giant cinnamon bun that can be shared with the entire family? Breakfast just got a whole bunch cozier!
For the dough:
- 21 oz flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 3½ oz sugar
- ¼ oz active dry yeast
- 16 fl oz warm milk
- 4 oz melted butter
For the filling:
- 6 oz soft butter
- 6 oz brown sugar
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
For the icing:
- 5½ oz powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp butter
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp milk
1. First prepare the dough. Add the ingredients to a large bowl and mix with the dough hands of a hand mixer. Then knead the dough well and leave it covered for about an hour in a warm place.
2. Roll the dough out in a half-inch thick rectangle.
3. Mix the filling ingredients together and spread over the dough.
4. Use a pizza cutter to cut the dough into four roughly equal strips.
5. Roll up the first strip, put it on the second strip, and then roll that strip up. Repeat this process for the third and fourth strips until you are left with a giant cinnamon bun.
6. Place the cinnamon roll into a greased cast iron pan (⌀ 10 inch) and bake at 325°F for for 45 minutes.
7. While the giant cinnamon bun cools down, prepare the icing.
The sight of this gigantic treat alone will be enough to satisfy every sweet tooth in your mouth! You can find the recipe for the Cinnamon Roll Pancakes featured in the bonus video here.