Don't Settle For A Big Mac – Make Your Own Mega Mac Instead
Everybody loves a copycat recipe, and this is the mother of them all! Do you ever have a craving for a big, juicy burger, yet no desire to leave the house, let alone make a stop at the drive-through? Then this recipe is the answer to all your prayers! You'll swear it's the real deal... just as delicious and 4x the size!
For the bun:
- 17½ oz flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp salt
- 3 oz melted butter
- 7 fl oz warm water
- 4 tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp active dry yeast
For the sauce:
- 4 oz mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp French dressing
- ½ white onion, chopped
- sweet pickle relish
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- ⅛ tsp salt
For the burger:
- 2x 1 lb ground beef
- 2x 6 slices of American cheese
- white onion, sliced
- iceberg lettuce, cut into strips
- 3½ oz dill pickle slices
- sesame seeds
1. Add the flour, eggs, salt, and melted butter to a bowl. In a separate bowl, mix the water, milk, sugar, and dry yeast and then pour this mixture into the bowl with the other ingredients and mix everything into a dough.
2. Put the dough in a fluted tube pan, cover it with a dish towel, and let sit for 45 minutes before baking at 300°F for 45 minutes.
3. Cut the cooked dough bun into three parts.
4. Cook 1 lb of ground beef on both sides in a pan and cut out a hole in the middle. Put 6 slices of American cheese around the patty and let them slightly melt.
Repeat with the other 1 lb portion of ground beef.
5. Combine all the sauce ingredients to prepare the special Big Mac sauce.
6. Coat the bottom layer of the bun with the sauce and garnish with sliced onions and lettuce.
7. Place the first hamburger patty on the bun.
8. Place the middle portion bun on top of the patty and garnish with sauce, onions, and lettuce. Place the second hamburger patty on top.
9. Garnish the second patty with pickle slices and place the top portion bun on top. Brush the top of the bun with butter and sprinkle sesame seeds over the top.
10. And your "Big" Mac is good to go, although calling it just "big" doesn't nearly do it justice! Feel free to stick some fries in the cut-out hole in the middle and serve with tangy ketchup and sweet, sweet coke – just like you'd find on any burger chain menu.
If you're looking for more ways to satisfy a hearty appetite, be sure to try out the Giant Stuffed Burger recipe featured in the bonus video.