White Nougat Chocolate Nut Roll
White nougat usually has a ton of dried fruit mixed into it, and this recipe certainly won't disappoint. Coated with a delicious chocolate ganache and crunchy nuts, this white nougat chocolate roll is simply irresistible!
Prep Time: 45 minutes + 24 hours cooling times
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Difficulty Level: Moderate
For the white nougat roll:
- 1¾ cups cream cheese
- 11 oz white chocolate chips
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ¾ cup dried raspberries
- ¾ cup dried mango
- ¾ cup dried plums
- ⅓ cup pistachios
For the chocolate ganache:
- 12 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1¼ cups heavy cream
- 1 plastic bottle
- wooden skewer
- crushed almonds, walnuts & pecans
1. Combine the cream cheese, white chocolate chips, and coconut oil in a double boiler until smooth and then let the mixture cool.
2. Cut off the top part of a plastic bottle.
3. Spoon the white nougat cream into the plastic bottle, tapping gently to distribute the cream evenly throughout the bottle. Refrigerate the bottle for at least 6 hours, or preferably overnight.
4. Carefully cut the bottle open and remove the set white nougat from the plastic. Insert a wooden skewer lengthwise into the nougat roll and refrigerate the whole thing once again.
5. For the chocolate ganache, heat the heavy cream, add the chocolate chips, and mix both ingredients until smooth. Roll the white nougat roll through the chocolate ganache and then through the crushed nuts. Let the chocolate set and refrigerate the nougat roll once more if necessary. Remove the skewer before serving.
Good things come to those who wait, and this good thing is mighty good!
Get the recipe for the Giant Kinder Bueno Bar featured in the bonus video.