White Chocolate Popcorn Bowl With Chocolate-Drizzled Popcorn
If you plan on fixing yourself in front of the TV all night, everyone knows popcorn is the best companion. Whether you like it sweet, salty, buttery, or cheesy, popcorn and good movies just belong together. The following recipe will show you just how easy it is to make your own popcorn from scratch, but more importantly, how to kick it up a notch for a movie night to rival all others.
- 5 oz popcorn kernels
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 16 oz white chocolate
- 2 tbsp dark chocolate
1. Put the popcorn kernels in a bowl, add some oil, and mix well. Place the kernels in a paper bag, fold the top over, and microwave for 3 minutes, or until the kernels have stopped popping.
2. Pour half of the warm popcorn into a bowl, grate dark chocolate over it, and mix well. Add a pinch of sea salt to really highlight the flavors.
3. Pour the rest of the popcorn into a large bowl and carefully insert a smaller bowl in the center, pushing the popcorn to the side.
4. Melt the white chocolate in a water bath and pour it over the popcorn in the space between the two bowls. Rotate the bowl to spread out the chocolate. If the chocolate is having a hard time spreading out, briefly place the bowl in a water bath. Once the chocolate has set, first remove the small bowl and then pull the white chocolate popcorn bowl out of the glass bowl.
5. Pour the chocolate popcorn into the white chocolate popcorn bowl.
Now you're all ready for movie night! The best part of this snack is that once you've eaten the popcorn, you can move onto the bowl. After all, movies are much better enjoyed when you don't have to worry about doing dishes afterwards.
You can find the recipe for the Mini Brazilian Carrot Cakes featured in the bonus video here.