Watermelon Ice Cream Sundae
Two things are absolutely necessary for the perfect authentic summer experience: watermelon and ice cream. Since you love them both anyways, why not kill two birds with one stone? That's why we decided to combine the two favorites into one deliciously refreshing dessert.
For the shaved milk:
- 12 oz milk
- 3 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 4 oz water
For the ice cream sundae:
- 1 small watermelon
- 1 scoop of vanilla ice cream
- 3 oz sweetened condensed milk to garnish
1. First prepare the shaved milk. Pour the milk, sweetened condensed milk, and water into a casserole dish, mix well, and freeze for at least 4 hours.
2. Cut the watermelon in half and cut off a section on the base of the melon so it can balance on a flat surface. Use a melon baller to ball the entire melon and place the watermelon balls in a separate dish for now.
3. Remove the casserole dish from the freezer and use a fork to scrape the frozen milk, resulting in flakes
4. Fill the empty melon with the shaved milk flakes and top with watermelon balls. Finally, garnish with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a drizzle of sweetened condensed milk.
This fruity ice cream sundae will help you enjoy the culinary joys of summer with a little less guilt – after all, it is a healthier option than regular ice cream!
You can find the recipe for the Watermelon Soft Serve Ice Cream featured in the bonus video here.