Make Your Own Refreshing Watermelon Soft Serve Ice Cream At Home
There's no better way to beat the summer heat than a delicious, ice-cold watermelon. However, as hard as it may be to believe, you can actually up the ante – all it takes is this watermelon filled with soft, creamy, homemade watermelon-flavored ice cream. The result of this ingenious idea is not only refreshing and delicious, but it also looks like it's straight out of a culinary magazine or children's fairytale book! And best of all, it's so easy to make and the recipe couldn't be simpler!
- 1 large watermelon
- 9 oz Greek yogurt
- 4¼ oz honey
- juice of 1 lime
- chocolate chips for decoration
1. First cut the melon into several thick slices. Leave the watermelon rind on.
2. Quarter the slices.
3. Cut sections out of the middle of the quartered slices and refrigerate the slices while you prepare the ice cream.
4. Place the cut-out melon pieces into a blender and add more watermelon until you have a bit more than 21 oz. Add the Greek yogurt, honey and lime juice to the blender and purée everything until it is smooth and even.
5. Pour the contents of the blender through a sieve and place in the freezer. Remove the bowl every hour and stir until creamy. Repeat this three more times. Then let the cream rest in the freezer for at least 12 hours.
6. After 12 hours, scoop the melon ice cream into a piping bag and fill the cut-out sections from the watermelon slices with the pink sweet treat.
7. Decorate the finished ice cream-filled watermelon slices with chocolate chip "seeds."
Simply heavenly! Now all you need is a parasol and a glass of ice-cold pink lemonade to complete the perfect summer day.