This summer treat your guests to a watermelon ice cream cake!
This time of year, you find them in every supermarket: round, plump, enticing watermelons. Not only do they taste great when ripe, but they are also incredibly refreshing on those hot summer days. Plus, you can eat as much as you want without the guilty conscience. This new idea might not be as good for the figure, but it will certainly be worth it. Treat yourself and your guests to a delicious watermelon, made entirely out of ice cream!
You will need:
- 14 oz pistachio ice cream (or mint)
- 10 oz plain frozen yogurt (or vanilla ice cream)
- 14 oz strawberry ice cream
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- All of the ice cream must be a bit thawed before starting. Once the pistachio or mint ice cream is soft, start by distributing small portions along the edge of a springform pan. Using a spatula, spread the ice cream evenly around the edge. Once finished, place the pan in the freezer for a few minutes. It's important that the outermost layer is frozen before continuing to the next step.
- Follow the same procedure for the frozen yogurt or vanilla ice cream: Spread a small portion alongside the green layer, and place the pan in the freezer for a few minutes if the ice cream starts to melt. If done quickly in a cool room, these first two steps can of course be completed at the same time!
- For the last layer, place the thawed strawberry ice cream into a bowl, add the chocolate chips, and mix well. Transfer the ice cream to the middle of your springform pan and spread evenly. Garnish with a few more chocolate chips. Finally, place the pan in the freezer for at least 30 minutes.
Release the ice cream cake from the springform pan, and serve! Everyone at the party will certainly want a piece of "watermelon." And if it disappears quickly, a new one is so easy to make! What other fruits could you create out of ice cream?