Waffle Cone Cake With Wild Berries And Chocolate Ganache
Ice cream cake is one of the yummiest treats out there, and it's not just for kids! But while there's no denying its delicious dominance, there's always more desserts to discover, like this waffle cone cake featuring white chocolate mousse, wild berries, and chocolate ganache. After all, it's important to experiment and go that extra mile when it comes to your dessert game!
- 40 ice cream cones
- 10 oz mixed berries
- 4 oz chocolate, chopped
- fresh mint
- ¾ cup wild berry jam
For the white chocolate mousse:
- 16 oz white chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3⅓ cups whipped cream
- 1–2 vanilla beans
- 10 tsp unflavored gelatin powder
For the chocolate ganache:
- 1¼ cups heavy cream
- 14 oz chocolate, chopped
1. First prepare the chocolate ganache. Bring the heavy cream to a boil and pour it over the chopped chocolate. Mix everything well and then allow the ganache to cool a little bit.
2. Wrap aluminum foil over a bowl or pot. Dip the waffle cones in the chocolate ganache and then stick them in the aluminum foil so the chocolate can set while the cones are in an upright position.
3. For the white chocolate mousse, add the heavy cream to a pot, bring to a boil, add the vanilla bean caviar and gelatin powder, and mix well. Pour the heavy cream over the chopped white chocolate and mix until combined. Allow the cream to cool to room temperature and then fold in the whipped cream.
4. Fill the waffle cones halfway with the white chocolate mousse.
5. Mix the wild berries with the jam and add a spoonful of the berry mixture to each waffle cone. Then add a dollop of the white chocolate mousse and sprinkle chocolate flakes on top. The first two layers of the waffle cone cake will be made up of these filled cones. Decorate the cones on top with more berries and fresh mint.
6. Spread an even layer of the rest of the chocolate mousse on a cake platter.
7. Lay 10-11 filled waffle cones (without the mint) in a radial pattern on the mousse.
8. Fill the gaps in between with more white chocolate mousse.
9. Lay another 10-11 waffle cones on the mousse and fill the gaps with more mousse.
10. Add a layer of waffle cones that were garnished with berries and fresh mint. Repeat this process until you have a complete cake dome.
TIP: When assembling the cake, it's best to tighten each row individually so that the cake doesn't end up collapsing under its weight. Refrigerate the cake before serving so it's easier to cut into.
This mountain of filled waffle cones is not just visually appealing, it also tastes divine. This is a no-bake cake you can always come back to if you have a hankering for a delicious and easy dessert!
Get the recipe for the Fanta Cake featured in the bonus video.