Roses in full bloom: an unforgettable vegetable tart
Let's be honest: eating vegetables can be a chore. Many of us try our best to stick to a healthy diet, but somehow, it always seems like a mammoth task. Now you can put your vegetable woes to bed with this recipe! Let us introduce a vegetable tart so beautiful, you will not be able to refuse it!
You will need:
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 12 oz ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs
- 3 oz grated parmesan
- 5 oz grated mozzarella
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
- 1 tsp oregano
- 3 carrots
- 1 green zucchini
- 1 yellow zucchini
- 1 eggplant
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Use a bit of butter to grease a round baking dish, preferably a quiche pan, and place the puff pastry into the dish. Press your pastry well onto the bottom and the edges of the pan, and cut away any excess.
- Cut a piece of baking paper so that it fits on top of the pastry. Then place a pot on top of the baking paper. Using this "blind-baking" technique, bake the pastry in the oven at 350°F for 15 minutes. As soon as the pastry has cooled, remove the baking paper and pot.
- Now mix the eggs, ricotta, salt, nutmeg, oregano, parmesan, and mozzarella in a bowl. Once mixed, distribute evenly on your prebaked puff pastry.
- Using a peeler, cut your washed vegetables into thin slices. The sharper the peeler, the better the outcome. If your peeler is dull, you now have a great reason to invest in a new one!
- Now roll the vegetable slices together so that they look like little roses, and tightly arrange them on the cheese mixture. Tip: If your carrots are not easy to roll, place them in the microwave for two minutes.
- Finally, coat the roses with olive oil, and bake the tart for 20 minutes at 350°F.
The preparation is not so simple, but the taste and appearance of this unique dish will be worth every moment spent in the kitchen! These beautiful roses can also be created using other vegetables. Take a walk through the garden and let your imagination run wild!